If your Windows computer is connected to any Wi-Fi network, you can easily find the Wi-Fi password. Windows will always remember the password of the Wi-Fi networks your computer was connected with. That’s why whenever you will connect your Windows computer to any earlier used wireless network, it will connect without asking for Wi-Fi password. Find WiFi Password Using Windows Computer
So your computer is connected to your home wireless network from a long time, but you can’t remember what the password is. Or you want to use Wi-Fi on any other device which was not connected earlier. Or you need to give your wireless password to a friend or guest, but can’t remember it? Or you are connected to Wi-Fi network at some other place and want to know the password of that wireless network. In any of these scenarios you are eager to find the Wi-Fi password, don’t worry you will learn it step by step. Also Read: How To Reset Google Chrome Settings?
Steps To Find WiFi Password Using Windows Computer
You can look up the Wi-Fi password on any Windows computer that’s currently connected to that Wi-Fi network. Follow the steps below to find WiFi password using Windows computer.
1) Open Network and Sharing Center: There are two ways you can do that.
• Open Control Panel. You can use Run Command (press Windows Key + R). Type “Control” in Run Command.
• In control Panel open Network and Internet and then Network and Sharing Center.
• Right click on the Wi-Fi network Icon at the bottom right of your screen and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
2) In Network and Sharing window you will see your Wi-Fi network name beside Connections. Click on it and that will open a Window Wi-Fi Connection Status. In my case Wi-Fi network name is Netgear99.
3) Click on Wireless Properties. Find WiFi Password Using Windows Computer
4) In wireless network properties select the Security tab. You will find Security type, Encryption type and Network security key, which is the Wi-Fi password your computer is connected with. Click on Show characters. That will display the Wi-Fi password in Network Security Key Box.
That is how you can find WiFi password using windows computer. If you like this article please share it on social networks and Subscribe to Tech Blog Out to get Tech advise and Tips & Tricks directly in your e-mail. Don’t forget to rate this article and like our Facebook and Twitter Page. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any other assistance or feedback.